Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing 17: LibWorm

I had heard of LibWorm from a co-worker (Melissa) during one of our web team meetings, but I had not, until today, ever visited the site! I used the search term "graphic novels" when conducting my various searches. The first search using "any words" brought up 187 pages! The second search using "all words" brought up 24 pages and the third search using "exact phrase" brought up 22 pages. It appears that there are only 2 sorting options available after bringing up search results: by date or relevance. One of the RSS feeds was quite amusing: http://lisnews.org/texas_tech_librarian_proves_existence_spider_man (gotta watch out for those Red Raider librarians!! :o) JK!) One function of LibWorm that I do like is the ability to search tags by an alphabetical list and that subject feeds are also alphabetical. From a librarian standpoint, I can see benefits of using LibWorm to sort through library-related RSS feeds-this weeds out a lot of riff-raff RSS feeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment