Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing 16: LibraryThing

YAY! I'm glad LibraryThing is one of the exercises because I've known about this site for about 2-1/2 or 3 years. When I first heard about this site, I immediately became a member and cataloged some of my favorite books from my personal collection (I wanted to share!). I will say that LibraryThing is definitely for book lovers-especially librarians! Where else can you catalog your own personal book collection?!?! I'm sure my friend Miranda has her whole collection cataloged! Another feature that I really like about LibraryThing is that I can find other people with similar reading interests! This facet of LibraryThing comes in very helpful when I'm looking for something new to read in my favorite genre (usually I've already read everything from my favorite authors). There have been many times where I've asked someone on LibraryThing if they had any books and/or authors they might suggest! To me, LibraryThing is a bit like a virtual community library where everyone loves books and loves to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment