Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing 23: Reflection-"Parting is such sweet sorrow!"

I cannot believe this “class” is coming to an end!! I feel that I went from a “rookie” technologically disadvantaged librarian to a somewhat “seasoned” technologically “in-the-know” librarian!!

Some of my favorite things I learned on my technological journey of discovery were: Flickr; Flickr Mashups; Image Generators; Twitter; Delicious (my fave); Digg (second fave); Google Docs. Some of my least favorite things were: Ning (didn’t like at all); Tagging; Blog Readers; RSS Feeds; Wikis.

The most challenging thing for me to do was Thing 18: Wikis. I had the hardest time trying to finish this exercise. I think it had something to do with my computer not being compatible with the site, but had a heck of a time trying to type in text and post the 2 pages.

I actually learned a great deal from the 23 Things program. I knew that I had fallen behind in terms of technology, but I had no idea that I had fallen that far back!! I now feel that I have a better idea of what technology is out there and I feel more confident in the use of this technology!

I think I will try a little bit of all the technologies that I learned in my library to see what works for my particular library. Every library is different, so what works in one library doesn’t necessarily mean it will work in another library setting. I’m anxious to find out what will work!! Thank you for allowing me to take this course-I had a blast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment