Saturday, June 13, 2009

Library 2.0 (Thing 2)

I read the Library 2.0. blog and I must say that I found the article interesting and many questions I had about what Library 2.0 were explained in an easy to understand context. I had been unclear as to what Library 2.0 actually meant and the article not only answered that question, but the article also gave me valuable insight into how libraries are embracing the new technological advances. I really liked Sarah Houghton's quote about libraries striving to make themselves "a destination and not an afterthought.” Much like the author of this blog, I also believe that becoming a Library 2.0 is not an option. In order for libraries to survive in our technological driven society, there must be change and/or adaptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment